Thursday, March 27, 2008

Yellow Curry Coconut Chickpeas

While perusing some blogs today I found myself asking a few questions: 1. How can I get some company to send me a free sample of their product? 2. How does one get on the list to test recipes for upcoming vegan cookbooks? I am also wondering how to make my blog a force for change. I love the vegan blog community, and I am feeling an e-bond with those who frequent Vegan Dad and leave comments, but I would also like to change some non-vegan minds. I mean, if entry to heaven was based on the number of vegan converts we made, I would totally be going to hell where I would eat naught but burning hot coals and drink naught but burning hot cola. Recently, a few of my pics were posted on Tastespotting.com, which caused my daily hits to jump to over 700. I can only hope a few people were intrigued to look more into veganism. Perhaps I will try the 10 things Isa recommends in this article.

Enough blabbering. I love coconut milk and chickpeas, and I love this recipe.

INGREDIENTS
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- yellow curry paste (or powder) to taste
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- salt to taste (if needed)

METHOD
1. Bring coconut milk to bubbling in a sauce pan. Add in curry paste, sauces, juice, and salt to taste. Add in chickpeas and simmer for 10 mins, until sauce thickens a little. Serve over rice.